Acupuncture has been used as a natural treatment for a variety of physical and mental health issues for thousands of years. This treatment has been an effective way to treat insomnia and promote sleep in patients that have struggled with getting a full night’s rest for an extended period of time. Acupuncture functions as a form of pain relief by stimulating certain muscles and nerves in the body.
Tired of being tired? Give acupuncture a try! Check out how this natural treatment can promote sleep and treat insomnia below.
Benefits of Acupuncture
At our Vancouver naturopathic clinic, INSPIRIT Health Group uses acupuncture to improve the quality of sleep, promote regularity of sleep and reduce pain and discomfort. Our acupuncture services in Vancouver use TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) acupuncture to stimulate and target specific areas in the body to determine where the sleep disorder is stemming from, as it varies from person to person. We stimulate Qi energy in a patient to allow their entire body to be nourished. This energy promotes blood circulation and activates the neuroendocrine system to promote overall physical and mental health. Additional benefits of acupuncture include:
- Regulated, healthy sleep
- Overall higher energy
- Increased focus and mental capacity
- Easier digestion
- Reduced stress levels and anxiety
- Reduced allergy symptoms
- Promotes fertility
- Reduces headaches
Sleep Issues Acupuncture Can Treat
Acupuncture has been an effective, non-invasive natural treatment for insomnia. TCM addresses multiple sleep disorders to relieve pain as a result of a lack of sleep. The following are sleep disorders that acupuncture may be successful in treating:
- Difficulty going to sleep: Going to sleep can be extremely difficult with an insomnia condition. This is often referred to as sleep-onset insomnia. TCM acupuncture believes the Yang qi is obstructed from the yin qi, which stops the body from resting completely.
- Interrupted sleep: Waking up throughout the night in increments has a significant, negative impact on your overall quality of sleep. Often when you wake up in the middle of your sleep, you have a significant inability to go back to a restful sleep. The classic Chinese explanation believes that this occurs because heat is trapped inside the body.
- Waking up too early: If you constantly wake up in the early hours of the morning, it can impact your ability to comfortably go back to sleep. TCM theory believes this occurs because the yin energy is obstructed in the kidneys.
- Animated nightmares: Having vivid, active nightmares throughout your sleep stops you from sleeping comfortably and restfully. The belief is that this occurs because there is intense energy in the heart instead of a balance and not enough energy into the liver.
INSPIRIT Health Group is a Vancouver naturopathic clinic committed to holistic patient care to treat issues affecting one’s mental and physical health. Our clinic also offers registered massage therapy in Vancouver to ensure our patients receive comprehensive, customized natural care. To get started at our naturopathic clinic, book a treatment online with us at https://inspirit.janeapp.com/.